Sunday, October 12, 2008

my God

O God, you are my God,
earnestly i seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
Because
Your Love Is Better Than Life, my lips will glorify you. i will praise you as long as i live, and in your name i will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;
i think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help
I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth. They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.

But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

Psalm 63

4 comments:

  1. Such a great passage. Loads of encouragement and peace in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa... have you wondered why the WORD of God is so powerful? so compelling? so very intimate? I love that the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us. I love that God spoke the WORD and it was. Makes my words seem like gibberish. LOVE the Psalms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a powerful chapter!
    David's complete desire for loving God is simply amazing. The realness in this passage IS AWESOME David is like I love you Lord ,more then anything and all my enemies are going to have violent deaths and are going to hell and I will 'rejoice in God'.
    I just LOVE how God used people like David, through out the Bible. David makes mistakes and isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Yet God uses him in such a powerful way:) Praise the Lord for His amazing grace!

    ReplyDelete