Wednesday, July 15, 2009

i'm in the middle of a girl's slumber party.

this photo was taken before my house was taken over by 9 and 10yr old girls.

and this is after...


and guess what mrs. o.c.d. is okay with the cushions, blankets, and pillows spilling into every room. i'm okay with syrup and powdered sugar on the kitchen floor. i'm not freaking out at all that dress up clothes, and american girl dolls are hanging out with puzzle pieces and pet shop toys.
i'm fine with it because my girl is VERY HAPPY!

5 comments:

  1. Denise,

    Plus the good thing about it, is that is always cleans up and you'd never even know that there was a party there.

    Love the fact that you were ok with your OCD to allow this chaos. Mine turn this weekend when 13 teens from 14-17 invade our home for my oldest daughter's 16th birthday party. Pray for my survival!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. My own children have given me so many gifts. The ability to be in the messy moment and enjoy has been just one of those. And now I hear them remember these moments and I get to relive the joy all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Emilie and her friends had a great time. Glad that you enjoyed her joy as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. You gotta love a good sleepover! ;-)

    ReplyDelete