Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Good Pounds

Last week the kids and I took a field trip to the home of Dave and Lee Pounds.
Dave and Lee are our church family. They have the gift of hospitality, and spent the day sharing their lives with us. We enjoyed their beautiful home, flower gardens, vegetable gardens, bee hives with fruit trees, riding tractor and trailer to see the horses they care for, and their property.
Did you know that it takes 3 yrs for asparagus to grow, but once it starts growing it grows quickly.
Did you know that the leaves of citris trees smell like the fruit they bear.
Did you know that Josie does not like riding in trailers attached to tractors, she will scream until you let her off!


Not only do Dave and Lee have the gift of hospitality (and very green thumbs), but Dave is the BEST chocolate chip cookie maker ever! And we got a lesson, complete with recipe, lots of cookies, and dough to freeze (we wouldn't want to run out).


Otis Spunkmeyer, Mrs. Fields, the Keebler Elves, and even the Girls Scouts should beware!
We are BLESSED to have such wonderful people in our lives!

5 comments:

  1. this looks like SO MUCH FUN! i bet your kids were in heaven. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I need the chocolate chip recipe - NEED IT! I am chocolate chip cookie challenged. Ironically they are my very favorite dessert, ever, I do believe. I am salivating looking at those pictures.

    And by the way, I want to be just like the Pounds when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am chocolate chip cookie challenged as well! my cookies are either flat or biscuity (not good). his are AMAZING!
    the recipe?? you may have to come for
    a field trip.

    I want to be like the Pounds too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun field trip! now if you were my neighbor we could go on field trips together and eat those yummy cookies :o)

    are you going to share that recipe?? i think chocolate chip cookies are a food group - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time. Love your sepia tone pics...great touch!

    ReplyDelete