Monday, May 26, 2008

Look Who's 50

Happy Birthday Mom!
50 years ago Belinda Linn Greene was born, 1lb 8 oz small, her life is a miracle.

My sister and i surprised her last weekend with a 50th birthday fiesta.



Favorite moments with my mom- Mickey's Grove, Columbia and Knights Ferry, Bluegrass Festival at Kerr Park, Cruising, cold top ramen, holy jeans, stealing your clothes, having the prettiest mom, sponge painting our rooms, puppets out the sun-roof, outlet shopping in San Francisco, "Have mercy on me," Mork, Valentine's Day 90 (when the isuzu hit the falcon), teaching Toni to drive together ("do you push up or down on the gas pedal"), biscuits and gravy, the plaid sweater,purple Christmas, rescuing me from bad hair cuts i'd given myself, milkshakes and taking care of me when i was prego, washing/drying/folding/putting away a dozen loads of laundry, packing my kitchen and unpacking my kitchen when we moved to Bass Lake, buying diapers, taking care of the kids and i when i had the flu, piano lessons, being off at your house, encouraging me as a mommy.

Belinda means "beauty of soul" and "precious one."
"But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it." Ephesians 4:7
May God's grace upon grace tell you that you are His beauty, His precious one. He loves you with a love that is higher, wider, longer, and deeper than you can grasp or imagine. May you live in the fullness of His love. My prayer for you in Jesus.

5 comments:

  1. What a great celebration! I love that last picture of you. Cute dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your mom looks so young! I just love birthdays! You look beautiful & so cute in your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Mom!! You guys are really cute together!

    Need to hear more about your Mom being a miracle baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat celebration! Beauty sure runs in your family!! :)

    I didn't know you lived near Bass Lake! I spent many summers at Camp Sugar Pine and Hume. I would love to take my family to a family camp this summer... do you know of any good ones to recommend in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your mom! You look amazing in your little black dress :o)

    ReplyDelete