Friday, May 2, 2008

10





"She never stopped to think whether he was a friendly lion or not. She rushed to him. She felt her heart would burst if she lost a moment. And the next thing she new was that she was kissing him and putting her arms as far around his neck as she could and burying her face in the beautiful rich silkiness of his mane. "Aslan, Aslan. Dear Aslan," sobbed Lucy. "At last." The great beast rolled over on his side so that Lucy fell, half sitting and half lying between his front paws. He bent forward and just touched her nose with his tongue. His warm breath came all around her. She gazed up into the large wise face. "Welcome child," he said. "Aslan," said Lucy, "you're bigger." "That is because you are older, little one,"answered he. "Not because you are?" "I am not. But every year you grow, you will find me bigger."
from Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

My bear is ten!
It goes too fast Noah. I love you more everyday! I didn't know my heart could hold this much love. My prayer for you is that you would be so in love with God, that you would rush to him, kiss him, find yourself, and your very breath in him. I pray
that as you grow Noah you will find that God gets bigger.

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe it either! What a handsome little man! You are really blessed Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like just the other day that he was 9...my, how time flies!

    The picture with Noah all dressed up makes him look so old. The first of your kids to double digits! Does that make his mother old?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, he is really adorable! He looks a lot like you ;)

    I love that quote - CS Lewis is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Noah! What a handsome boy you have Denise. From the stories you have shared, he has a beautiful spirit too.

    Why does 10 seem so old???

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious pictures! Happy Birthday to Noah!! I remember turning double digits! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, that boy! so cute. you've got a good one, denise. is he still going to marry you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. The time goes way too fast, doesn't it? Hope you all have a great day of celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lindsey, of course he is still going to marry me! i am going to wear a green dress, and we are going to have a chocolate chip cake, and we are going to dance to our song "How Sweet It Is" by james taylor (and yes, i am okay living in my fantasy world- forever!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks just like you!!! Happy Birthday, Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is such a handsome guy! Happy birthday to Noah! And hello to you from a very absent me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a handsome little man! You are a very blessed mommy...

    ReplyDelete